Monitoring of the plastic state by changing of a deformation sign
Keywords:plastic state, proportional load, non-monotonicity of deformation, material fibers
When a body element is proportionally loaded, its differently oriented material fibers can stretch, compress or not change their length. The direction of material fibers that do not change their length is neutral. Neutral direction divides compressed and stretched directions of the fibers. Within the limits of elasticity, the neutral direction does not change its orientation, and beyond the limit of elasticity, it rotates relative to the material fibers. Some material fibers, the slope of which is close to neutral, can change their deformation sign, and this change indicates that the element of the body has reached the plastic state.The proposed technique of the plastic state monitoring is demonstrated on a uniaxial stress state. The non-monotonicity of the close to the neutral direction material fiber deformation that oriented is confirmed by calculations and in an experiment on the tension of cylindrical specimen.The proposed technique allows fix plastic state of the material at proportional loading without value deformations or stresses measuring but by changing the sign of the deformation of the material fibers, the slope of which is close to the neutral direction.
- A.A. Lebedev, B.I.Kovalchuk, F.F. Giginyak and V.P. Lamashevsky, Mehanicheskie svojstva konstrukcionnyh materialov pri slozhnom naprjazhennom sostojanii: Spravochnik [Mechanical properties of structural materials under complex stress state: Handbook], A.A. Lebedev Ed., Naukova dumka, Kiev, Ukraine, 1983.
- G.S. Pysarenko, A.P. Yakovliev and V.V. Matveev, Spravochnyk po soprotyvlenyiu materyalov [Handbook of Strength of Materials], G.S. Pysarenko Ed., Naukova dumka, Kiev, Ukraine, 1988.
- N.N. Tormakhov, “Yield limit dependence of titanic alloy VТ14 from the stress state parameters,” Mechanics and Advanted Technjlogies, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 91–97, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.20535/2521-1943.2018.84.127194
- N.N. Tormakhov, “Geometric interpretation of parameters of the stress state mode,” Zbіrn. nauk. prac' Dnіprodzerzhins'kogo derzh. tehn. unіversitetu, Dnіprodzerzhins'k, 1 (26), appl. 2, pp. 54–61, 2015.
- O.V. Tymoshenko, V.V. Koval and R.V. Kravchuk, “Influence of the stress state mode on the critical value of fracture for constructive materials at elastic-plastic deformation,” Vіsnik NTUU«KPІ». Mashinobuduvannja, 63, pp. 103–107, 2011.
- G. Rousselier, “Lode-dependent second porosity in porous plasticity for shear-dominated loadings,” Int. J. of Plasticity, vol. 159, Decеmber, 2022. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijplas.2022.103446.
- M. Ganjiani and M. Homayounfard, “Development of a ductile failure model sensitive to stress triaxiality and Lode angle,” Int. J. of Solids and Structures, vol. 225, 2021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2021.111066
- C.B. Finfrock, M.M. Thrun and D. Bhattacharya, “Strain rate dependent ductility and strain hardening in Q&P steels,” Metall Mater Trans A., vol. 52, pp. 928–942, 2021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11661-020-06127-y
- V.V. Skripniak, “Mechanical behavior of CP-Ti at high strain rates and under stress triaxiality,” Eng. Fracture Mechanics, vol. 274, October. 12(8), 1300, 2022. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/met12081300
- J.Sun, T. Nitschke-Pagel and K.Dilger, “Influence of temperature- and phase-dependent yield strength on residual stresses in ultra-high strength steel S960 weldments,” Journal of Materials Research and Technology, vol. 15, pp. 1854–1872, 2021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmrt.2021.09.050.
- L. Sharma and R. Chhibber, “Effect of heat treatment on mechanical properties and corrosion behaviour of api x70 linepipe steel in different environments,” Trans Indian Inst Met. vol. 72, pp. 93–110, 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12666-018-1465-y
- Yu.N. Shevchenko, M.E. Babeshko and R.H. Terekhov, Termoviazkoupruhoplastycheskye protsessы slozhnoho de-formyrovanyia эlementov konstruktsyi [Thermoviscoelastic-plastic processes of complex deformation of structural elements], Ya.M. Gryhorenko Ed., Naukova dumka, Kiev, Ukraine, 1992.
- V.Ia. Bash, 1ssledovanye napriazhenyi y deformatsii termoэlektrycheskym metodom, [Investigation of stresses and defor-mations by thermoelectric method], Naukova dumka, Kiev, Ukraine, 1984.
- A.M. Zhukov, O koeffytsyente Puassona v plastycheskoi oblasty, [On the Poisson's ratio in the plastic region], Yzv. AN SSSR OTN, no. 12, pp. 86–91, 1954.
- L.Y. Siedov, “On the concepts of simple loading and possible ways of deformation,” Prikl. Math. and Mech., vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 400–402, 1959.
- M. Dyman, A. Moltasov and S. Kaliuzhnyi, “Calculation and experimental procedure for determining the modulus of elastici-ty of porous coatings on a substrate during bending. Part 1. Theoretical foundations,” Mech. Adv. Technol., vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 139–142, 2022. DOI: https://doi.org/10.20535/2521-1943.2022.6.2.261923
- Yu.N. Shevchenko and N.N. Tormakhov, “Constitutive equation of thermoplastycity including the therd invariant”, Int. Appl. Mech., vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 613–624, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-010-0349-6
- N. Fidrovska, E. Slepuzhnikov and I. Varchenko, “Preparation of tensoresistors and measuring equipment for experimental researc,” Norw. J. of Development of the Int. S., vol, 45, pp. 69–72, 2020. Available: http://repositsc.nuczu.edu.ua/handle/123456789/11233
- A.M. Turychyn, Elektrycheskye yzmerenyia neelektrycheskykh velychyn [Electrical measurements of non-electric quantities]. M.-L. Enerhyia, Moskou, USSR, 1966.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Микола Тормахов
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under CC BY 4.0 that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work