Engineering of heat sources in laser precision machining
Keywords:laser beam, laser beam forming, technological operation, processing outcome, technological equipment, modernization of technological operation
Requirement towards the enhancement of the results of technological operations of laser processing, their transformation into precise technological operations is solved, in general, by the choice of optimal technological schemes of laser processing and characteristics of a tool that is formed from laser beam characteristics. The main goal of these attempts is to minimize portions of energy that destroys and removes the material from the cavity of element being formed utilizing ultra-short pulses of electro-magnetic energy with high intensity that can bring balance to the instability of technological process, manage it outcome and maintain the quality of processing.
On the other hand, it leads to a decrease in the efficiency of technological operations of laser processing. For example, linear speed of laser cutting of stent with nanosecond pulses are used is within the range of 25 to 30 millimeters per minute, whereas in the case of microsecond pulses - the processing speed can reach up to 250 mm/min and slight striation of side surface of the cutting kerf could be eliminated by means of post processing. Since the process of material destruction at laser beam processing is of a thermal nature in terms of heat dissipation and its propagation into the body of the work piece (especially the metal one), it is possible to control and modify the absorption of radiation by the surface of the work piece, the spatial shape of the heat source and thermal an physical properties of the work piece. This paper discusses perspective solutions for the successful engineering of laser beam irradiation process.
- J. Steffen, “Prozessoptimierung bei materialabtragenden Bearbeitungs problemen mit Laserstrahlung”, Feinwerktechn. und Mess-technik, vol. 87, no. 7, pр. 309–320, 1979.
- V.P. Kotlyarov, S.G. Shklyar, “Systematization of technological ambushes of precision laser processing”, “Mechanics and Ad-vanced Technologies” no. 2(86), pp. 61–76, 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.20535/2521-1943.2019.86.163208
- T.T. Basiyev et al., “Laser piercing of superdeep micron holes in various materials with programmable control of laser generation parameters”, Kvantovaya elektronika, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 99–102, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1070/QE2007v037n01ABEH013310
- Optics and photonics – Lasers and laser-related equipmen, Vocabulary and symbols, ISO 11145: 2016, IDT.
- V.P. Kotlyarov and Ya.M. Gnilickiy, “Method of laser processing of layered dielectrics”, UA Patent Utility Model 67157 Oct. 02., 2012.
- R. Holtz “New precision applications with pulsed Nd:YAG laser”, reclamnyy prospect LASAG A.G. SWATCH Group SA, 2010.
- V.P. Kotlyarov and O.O. Spas’ka,” Method of laser processing of holes”, UA Patent Utility Model 103189, Dec. 10, 02., 2015.
- V.P. Kotlyarov and O.V. Gladchenko, “Device for laser processing”, UA Patent Utility Model 99407, Jun. 10, 2015.
- V.P. Kotlyarov and M. Misagi “Device for laser processing of holes in metal products”, UA Patent Utility Model, 42519, Jul. 10, 2009.
- L.F. Golovko, S.O. Luk’yanenko, I.Yu. Mihaylova and V.A.Tret’yak, “Computer modeling in laser technologies”, Kiev,“Text”, 2015.
- V.P. Kotlyarov and O.M. Kiyaschenko, “Technological installation for trepanation of holes with a laser beam”, UA Patent Utility Model, 119174, March. 24.2017
- COMSOL Multiphysics, COMSOL Multiphysics Modeling Software, 15.05.2018. [Online]. Available: https://www.comsol.com/comsol-multiphysics
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Валерій Котляров
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under CC BY 4.0 that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work