Assurance of perfection factors for rope internal threads when machining in a efficient method
Keywords:machining, thread profile, compensation of wear, non-core tool, trajectory, feed, roughness, drill bit
AbstractThe analysis of various methods of machining of rope internal thread ISО 10208, DIN 20317 has been carried out and the criteria of high-efficiency machining have been formulated. The concept of the method has been developed, which supposes the designing of the construction of non-core tool and the calculation of the parameters of mechanical trajectory with the purpose of ensuring the machining per one pass on the CNC milling machine. The compensation procedure of dimensional wear of insert has been developed. While the machining of the production batch of the parts in an experimental way, the optimum cutting conditions has been determined which allow ensuring the maximum efficiency on reaching the required roughness and the dimensional accuracy of the profile of rope thread. The performed statistical analysis of the machined parts allowed to establish that dispersions of the actual values of profiles’ roughness follow Gauss’ Law. In an experimental way has been proved that the application of the proposed method increased the efficiency of machining of the internal rope thread by 2,5 times. On the basis of comparison of engineering-and-economical performance, the efficient fields of application of high-efficient method of machining of the rope threads have been determined.
- SANDVIK Coromant. (2016), Sandvik top hammer rock drilling tools, Available: http://www.docucu-archive.com/view/e64ea8b8450102afc49c4df48ae80672/SAnDvik-TOP-HAmmER-ROCk-DRiLLinG-TOOLS.pdf, Last accessed 10th Jun 2017.
- Jimeno, E. L. (1995), Drilling and blasting of rocks. Rotterdam, Brookfield.
- Zhang, Y.Q. and dr. (2017), “Development of gas-tight threads based on API round threads and its evaluation”, Natural Gas Industry B (2017), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ngib.2017.09.008.
- Berglind, L., Ziegert, J. (2013), “Chip Breaking Parameter Selection for Constant Surface Speed Machining”. Proceedings of the 2013 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, November 15-21, 2013, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Berglind, L. and Ziegert, J. (2015), Modulated Tool Path (MTP) “Machining for Threading Applications”, Procedia Manufacturing, 43rd Proceedings of the North American Manufacturing Research, Vol. 1, PP. 546-555, doi: 10.1016/j.promfg.2015.09.029.
- Erbao, P. and Guotong, Zh. (2012), “Image Processing Technology Research of On-Line Thread Processing”, Energy Procedia, 2012 International Conference on Future Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 17, PP. 1408-1415, doi: 10.1016/j.egypro.2012.02.260.
- Lee, S.W. and Nestler, A. (2012), “Simulation-aided Design of Thread Milling Cutter”, Procedia CIRP 1, 5th CIRP Conference on High Performance Cutting 2012, Vol. 1, PP. 120-125.
- Fromentin, G., Döbbeler, B. and Lung, D. (2015), “Computerized Simulation of Interference in Thread Milling of Non-Symmetric Thread Profiles”, Procedia CIRP 31, 15th CIRP Conference on Modelling of Machining Operations, Vol. 31. PP. 496-501, doi: 10.1016/j.procir.2015.03.018.
- ISO 10208 Rock drilling equipment; left-hand rope threads (1991).
- DIN 20317 Rock drilling - Round thread connections for percussive drilling equipment - Dimensions, design (2014).
- Mazur, N.P., Vnukov, YU.N., Hrabchenko, A.I. and dr. (2013), Osnovy teoryy rezanyya materyalov, in Mazura N.P., Hrabchenko A.I. (ed.), 2nd edn., NTU “KHPY”, Kharkov, Ukraine.
- SANDVIK Coromant, (2017), Sandvik tool for turning threads, Available: http://www.sandvik.coromant.com/en-us/knowledge/threading/thread_turning/pages/default.aspx..Last accessed 20th May 2017.
- Sandström, R. (2000), Thread coupling for a drill string for percussive rock drilling, Patent WO 2000019056.
- Vargus. (2016), Professional Threading Solutions, Available: http://www.vargusuk.co.uk/download/files/ Oil%20and%20Gas%20EE_140914_web.pdf. Last accessed 23th May 2017.
- Okuma. (2017), Okuma threads machining, Available: https://www.okuma.com/vertical-machining-centers. Last accessed 25th May 2017.
- Schiemann, H. (2008), Process and device for producing threads, especially for boring rods or the like, USA, Patent US 2008/0232916 A1.
- The female part of the drilling equipment and its manufacturing method, (2010), USA, Patent US 2008149698A.
- Liljebrand, Per-Olof and Olsson, U. (2001), Thread joint percussive drilling equipment, USA, Patent US 6293360 B1.
- Nava, P. and Sörensen, P. (2007), A female part for top hammer-drilling and method for manufacturing a female part, Patent WO 2007133145 A1.
- Lars-Gunnar, L. (1991), USA, Drill rod for percussion drilling, Patent US 5064004 A.
- Miyata, M., Matsumura, T. and Kawasumi, M. (1991), Round screw thread machining method, USA, Patent US5044842 A.
- Method of thread cutting (1983), Patent SU 1016096.
- Nava, P. and Sörensen, P. (2012), Female part and a method for manufacturing female parts, Patent 8245798.
- Seco Tools. (2017). Seco tools for turning threads. Available: http://seco-tool.ru/doc/2015-narezanie-rezby-seco-tools-katalog.html. Last accessed 25th May 2017.
- Combined method of needle-turning threads machining (2008), Patent 2334590.
- Dreval', A.Ye., Mal'kov, O.V. and Litvinenko, A.V. (2011), Tochnost' obrabotki vnutrennikh rez'b kombinirovannym instrumentom [The accuracy of processing internal threads with a combined tool], Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy, Mashinostroyeniye, no 12, PP. 45-52.
- Mal'kov, V.A. (2013), “Precision of the external-thread profile in thread cutting”, Russian Engineering Research, no 33, pp. 172–175.
- Mal'cev, A. M. and Avvakumov, A. A. (2011), Obrabotka shnekov na tokarnyh stankah s ChPU, [Machining of screws on CNC drilling machine tools], ITO, no 10 (1), 40-41.
- Nekrasov, S.S., Kry`voruchko, D.V. and Neshta, A.O. (2012), Sposib obrobky` krugloyi vnutrishn`oyi riz`by`, [The method of machining of the round internal thread], Patent UA 103734.
How to Cite
Neshta А. (2017). Assurance of perfection factors for rope internal threads when machining in a efficient method. Mechanics and Advanced Technologies, (3(81), 10–20. https://doi.org/10.20535/2521-1943.2017.81.107026
Copyright (c) 2020 Mechanics and Advanced Technologies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The ownership of copyright remains with the Authors.
Authors may use their own material in other publications provided that the Journal is acknowledged as the original place of publication and National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” as the Publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under CC BY 4.0 that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work