The analysis of forming and strain state of the hollow step forgings during the enlarging process
Keywords:An enlarging, the deformation state, a shell, the step die, the total deformation, a forging
AbstractImproving safety, accelerating construction and extending the life of nuclear power plants is one of the main directions of the development of the energy industry. From this point of view, much attention is being paid to the production of forgings, which combine a few details today. This requires the use of new technologies with the use of non-standard tools. The purpose of the work is analyze of the shape and the deformation state of the conical stepped forging when rolling the stepped workpiece with the simultaneous deformation of the protuberance and the ledge. The simulation was performed using finite element method, which is consistent with experimental data. Experimental studies were carried out on lead models. Rolling of stepped workpiece with simultaneous deformation of the protrusion and ledge leads to the appearance of conical forging. Taper on the side of the ledge occurs at the initial stage of rolling and during the whole process increases. The emergence of a conical shape is explained by the fact that during slipping, with the same absolute deformation (stroke), the ledge gets more accumulated deformation through a more precise wall.
- Suzuki, K., Sato, I., Kusuhashi, M. and Tsukada, H. (2000), “Current steel forgings and their properties for steam generator of nuclear power plant”, Nuclear engineering and design, vol. 198, no. 1-2, pp. 15-23, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-5493(99)00273-3
- Ingersoll, D. (2015), Small modular reactors (SMRs) for producing nuclear energy: international developments, Handbook of small modular nuclear reactors, no. 1, https://doi.org/10.1533/9780857098535.1.27
- Zhbankov, I.G., Markov, O.E. and Perig, A.V. (2014), “Rational parameters of profiled workpieces”, International journal of advanced manufacturing technology, vol. 72, no. 5-8, pp. 865-872, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-014-5727-5
- Aref'ev, V.D., Pakalo, A.V., Zubkov, A.I., Sobolev, V.D. and Petunin, A.Ju. (SSSR), A. s. 958026 SSSR, MPK V 21 J 1/04, Sposob izgotovlenija konicheskih obechaek, № 3244552/25-27; zajavl. 11.02.81; opubl. 15.09.82, Bjul. No. 34, 3 p.
- Markov, O.E. (2012), “Forging of large pieces by tapered faces”, Steel in translation, vol. 42, no 12, pp. 808–810. http://dx.doi.org/10.3103/S0967091212120054
- Erve, M., Papouschek, F., Fischer, K. and Maidorn, Ch. (1988), “State of the art in the manufacture of heavy forgings for reactor components in the Federal Republic of Germany”, Nuclear engineering and design, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 485-495, https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(88)90238-5.
- Markov, O.E., Perig, A.V., Markova, M.A. and Zlygoriev, V.N. (2016), Development of a new process for forging plates using intensive plastic deformation, International journal of advanced manufacturing technology, 83 (9-12), 2159-2174, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00170-015-8217-5.
- Nie, S.M., Yu, Zh.Q., Meng, D.N., Qi, R., Sh., Liu, X.G. and Jin, M. (2013), Research on Key Processing Technology of Nuclear Power Tapered Cylinder Forging, Advanced materials research, 690-693, 2387-2394, 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.690-693.2387
- Sun, M., Hao, L., Li, S., Li, D. and Li, Y. (2011), “Modeling flow stress constitutive behavior of SA508-3 steel for nuclear reactor pressure vessels”, Journal of nuclear materials, vol. 418, no. 1-3, pp. 269-280, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnucmat.2011.07.011
- Yvanov, K.M. (2002), “Otsenka tochnosty upruhoplastycheskoho analyza metoda konechnikh elementov” [Estimation of the accuracy of elastoplastic analysis of the finite element method], Udoskonalennya protsesiv i obladnannya obrobky tyskom u metalurhiyi i mashynobuduvanni, zb. nauk. prats', Vol. 256, no. 1, pp. 57-62.
- Markov, O.E., Perig, A.V., Zlygoriev, V.N., Markova, M.A. and Grin, A.G. (2017), “A new process for forging shafts with convex dies. Research into the stressed state”, International journal of advanced manufacturing technology, vol. 90, no. 1-4, 801–818, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00170-016-9378-6
- Barabash, A.V., Gavril’chenko, E.Yu., Gribkov, E.P. and Markov, O.E. (2014), Straightening of sheet with correction of waviness, Steel in translation, vol. 44, no. 12, pp. 916–920, http://dx.doi.org/10.3103/s096709121412002x
How to Cite
Markov О., Kosilov, M., Gerasimenko О., & Shevtsov, S. (2017). The analysis of forming and strain state of the hollow step forgings during the enlarging process. Mechanics and Advanced Technologies, (3(81), 47–53. https://doi.org/10.20535/2521-1943.2017.81.115224
Copyright (c) 2020 Mechanics and Advanced Technologies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The ownership of copyright remains with the Authors.
Authors may use their own material in other publications provided that the Journal is acknowledged as the original place of publication and National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” as the Publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under CC BY 4.0 that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work