Mobile climbing robot with energy recovery
This paper presents a novel method of improving energy efficiency of climbing robot by implementing accumulation of motion energy and its further recycling. Patented construction and functional scheme of pedipulator – conceptual walking mechanism are provided as well as a method to integrate movement and surface attachment modules of the robot. Calculations of dynamic loads are provided followed by results of simulations that demonstrate effective approach implementation by changing kinematic or constructional parameters instead of dynamic
Mobile robot; walking mechanism; pedipulator; vertical movement robot; climbing robot; wall climbing robot; energy recovery
GOST Style Citations
- Apostolescu, T., Udrea, C., Duminica, D., Ionascu, G., Bogatu, L., Laurenţiu, A. and Maiorescu, T. (2011), Development of a Climbing Robot with Vacuum Attachment Cups. Proceedings of International Conference On Innovations, Recent Trends And Challenges In Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering And New High-Tech Products Development, MECAHITECH’11, vol. 3, pp: 258–267. Available at: http://www.incdmtm.ro/mecahitech2011/articole/pp258–267.pdf.
- Raju, D. and Jaju, S. (2014), Developments in Wall Climbing Robots: A Review, International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 33 – 42.
- Gradetsky, V. and Rachkov, M. (1997), Climbing robots, Ministry of education of RF, Moscow, Russia.
- Gradetsky, V. and Semenov, E. (1993), Design of mechatronic drives for heavy loaded climbing machine, Mechatronic Design and Modeling Workshop, November, TUBITAK-MODISA, pp. 15 – 19.
- Yamafudjl, K., Gradetsky, V., Rachkov, M. and Semenov, E. (1993), Mechatronics drive for intelligent Wall Climbing Robot, Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 164 – 171.
- Lam, T. L. and Yangsheng, X. (2012), Tree Climbing Robot: Design, Kinematics and Motion Planning, Springer Heidelberg New York, pp. 28–29.
- Yehya, M., Hussain, S., Wasim, A., Jahanzaib, M. and Abdalla, H. (2014), A Cost Effective and Light Weight Unipolar Electroadhesion Pad Technology for Adhesion Mechanism of Wall Climbing Robot, International Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–10, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21535%2Fijrm.v2i1.872.
- Silva, M. and Tenreiro, Machado J. (2012), A Survey of Technologies and Applications for Climbing Robots Locomotion and Adhesion, ISEP – Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto Portugal, pp. 1 – 22, Available at: http://cdn.intechweb.org/pdfs/10079.pdf.
- Menon, C., Murphy, M. and Sitti, M. (2004), Gecko Inspired Surface Climbing Robots, Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE. International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, August 22 – 26, 2004, Shenyang, China.
- Zheleznjak, V.L., Zheleznjak, I.F., Zheleznjak, F.A. and Matveenko, L.S. Vehicle, RU, Pat. 2068362. 27.10.1996.
- Yampolskiy, L.S., Polishchuk, M.N. and Persikov, V.K. Method and device for movement of pedipulators of walking robot, UA, Pat. 111021. 10.03.2016.