Circulations evolution in inertial flows of incompressible fluid in spherical tanks
Keywords:spherical reservoir, axisymmetric flow, circulation structures, azimutal, radial and meridional components of the velocity vector
AbstractThe purpose of the work: presentation and analysis results of simulations in the sphere for constructing a rigorous system of action on inertial flows of a fluid. The results of numerical simulation of inertial axisymmetric flows of a viscous incompressible fluid completely filling a spherical reservoir with rigid walls are presented. Constructions of the azimutal velocity component in the equatorial plane of the spherical reservoir are constructed and a comparison is made with the linear flow model by the N. Slyozkin method for a viscous incompressible fluid. The results of solving the fluid motion equations for a nonstationary damped flow are proposed, an analysis is made of the distribution of current lines and circulation structures in the meridian planes of the reservoir. In particular, the hydrodynamic mechanism for the development of a damped flow is established and the evolution of the circulation is shown as a function of the process time. The research results can be extended to similar flows in mobile constructions of a different configuration.
- Slyozkin, N. (1955), Dinamika vyazkoy neszhimayemoy zhidkosti, Gostekhizdat Мoscow, Russia.
- Greenspan, H. (1975), Теоriya vrashchayushchihsya zhidkostey, Gidrometeoizdat, Moscow, Russia.
- Dodge, F. (2000), The new dynamic behavior of liquids in moving containers, Southwest Res. Institute, Texas, U.S.A.
- Veldman, A. (2007), The Numerical Simulation of Liquid Sloshing On-Board Spacecraft, Journal of Computers and Physics, vol. 224, pp. 82-99.
- Xinjun, C. (2013), A Numerical Study of the Recirculation Zones During Spin-Up and Spin-Down for Confined Rotating Flows, Journal of Theoretical and Computation in Fluid Dynamics, vol. 1, pp. 31–49.
- Коvalev, V. (2006), Vliyaniye vnutribakovikh peregorodok na techeniye zhidkogo topliva v bakah kosmicheskogo apparata, “Vestnik Nacional'nogo tehnicheskogo universiteta “Kievskij politehnicheskij institute”, Serija mashinostroenie”, No. 48. pp. 73-79.
- Коvalev, V. and Krishchook, N. (2010), Chislennoye modelirovaniye techeniy zhidkosti v yomkoctyah s peregorodkami, “Vestnik Nacional'nogo tehnicheskogo universiteta “Kievskij politehnicheskij institute”, Serija mashinostroenie”,, No. 59, pp.51-55, http://visnyk-mmi.kpi.ua/uk/archiv59/2--59/145--------------.html
- Коvalev, V. and Krishchook, N. (2010), Struktura tsirkulatsionnih techeniy v ogranichennih obyomah pri inertsionnom vrashcheniyi zhidkosti, Gidravlika I gidrotechnika, No 64, pp. 29-36.
How to Cite
Коvalev V. (2017). Circulations evolution in inertial flows of incompressible fluid in spherical tanks. Mechanics and Advanced Technologies, (3(81), 75–81. https://doi.org/10.20535/2521-1943.2017.81.116575
Copyright (c) 2020 Mechanics and Advanced Technologies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The ownership of copyright remains with the Authors.
Authors may use their own material in other publications provided that the Journal is acknowledged as the original place of publication and National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” as the Publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under CC BY 4.0 that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work