Minimization of vibrational factor in experimental investigations of limited swirling flows microstructure
Keywords:vortex chamber, vortical structures, flow characteristics, hot-wire anemometer measurements, vibration diagnostics, vibration acceleration
AbstractPurpose. The article presents results of vibration monitoring of aerodynamic test bench for experimental investigations of the limited swirling flows microstructure and for development of new methods of mass eddy transfer control in mixture chambers. The subject of research is increase of identification accuracy of coherent vortex structures in chambers by reducing of influence of additional components in measurement signals induced by instantaneous translatory velocities of current owing to oscillations of test bench elements. Design/methodology/approach. To reduce the negative effects of mechanical vibration on the results of aerodynamic measurements, a series of changes were made to the design of the aerodynamic stand. To evaluate the quality of these changes in vibration levels, measurements of vibration acceleration in two zones were made: 1) directly near two sources of forced oscillations (motor and fan); 2) in zone of coordinate station with location of the holders of hot-wire anemometer sensors. Findings. Vibration monitoring of the aerodynamic bench proved that its modernization reduced the magnitude of vibration acceleration in direction of longitudinal axis of the chamber in about 4 times, and the magnitude of vibration acceleration along the vertical axis in approximately 2 times. The obtained data and testing technique made possible to correct identification of detected vortical structures, to reduce errors in determining pulsations of velocities and their statistical characteristics in shear flows of the vortex chambers of power or technological application.
- Babenko, V. and Turick, V. (2003), “Coherent Vortical Structures Control in Flat and Curvilinear Parietal Flows”, Proc. of the World Congress “Aviation in the 21-st Century”, NAU, Kyiv, Ukraine, 14–16 Sept., pp. 2.54–2.58.
- Babenko, V.V., Turick, V.N. and Voskoboinick, A.V. (2001), “Vizualizatsiya structury techeniya v vikhrevoij kamere”, Vestnik Natsional’nogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta “Kharkovskij politekhnicheskij institut”, Tekhnologii v mashinostroyenii, no 129, part 1, pp. 215–221.
- Babenko, V.V., Turick, V.N and Voskoboinick, A.V. (2001), “Issledovanie kogerentnykh vikhrevykh struktur v ogranichennykh zakruchennykh potokakh metodom skorostnoi kinoregistratsii”, Vestnik Natsional’nogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta “Kievskij politekhnicheskij institute”, Serija mashinostroenie, no. 40, pp. 426–432.
- Makarenko, R.A. and Turick, V.N. (2004), “Kinematics of Flow in a Dead End Part of a Vortex Chamber”, International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 299–306, DOI: 10.1615/InterJFluidMechRes.v31.i3.70.
- Turick, V.N. (2006), “O gidrodinamicheskoj neustojchivosti v vikhrevykh kamerakh”, Promyslova gidravlika i pnevmatika, no. 3, vol. 13, pp. 32–37.
- Turick, V.N. and Miliukov, D.Ye. (2014), “Struktura vykhodnogo potoka vikhrevoj kamery pri tortsevykh strujnykh vozdeistviyakh”, Vostochno-evropeiskij zhurnal peredovykh tekhnologij, no. 3/8, vol. 69, pp. 45–51.
- Babenko, V.V., Blohin, V.A., Voskobojnick, A.V. and Turick, V.N. (2005), “Velocity Fluctuations in a Swirling Jet of Vortex Chamber”, International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, vol. 32, no. 2, pp.184–198. DOI: 10.1615/InterJFluidMechRes.v32.i2.40.
- Turick, V.M., Kochin, V.O. and Kochina, M.V. (2014), “Analiz mozhlyvosti flaternogo keruvannia koherentnymy utvorenniamy v potokakh vykhrovykh kamer”, Journal of Mechanical Engineering NTUU “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, no. 2, vol. 71, pp. 84–94, DOI: https://doi.org/10.20535/2305-9001.2014.71.35912.
- Turick, V.M., Kochin, V.O. and Kochina, M.V. (2017), “Vibration Diagnostics of Test Bench “Vortex Chamber” as a Method of Error Reducing in Aerodynamic Experiment”, Materialy XVIII Mizhnarodnoi naukovo-tekhnichnoi konferentsii “Progresyvna tekhnica, tekhnologiia ta inzhenerna osvita” [Materials of XVIII International Scientific and Technical Conference “The Progressive Technics, Technology and Engineering Education”], Kyiv, Ukraine, 29 June-1 July, p. 214.
- Novitskii, P.V. and Zograf, I.A. (1991), Otsenka pogreshnosti rezul’tatov izmerenii, [The Estimate of measurement results error], Energoatomizdat, St. Petersburg, Russia.
How to Cite
Turiсk V., Kochin, V., & Kochina, M. (2017). Minimization of vibrational factor in experimental investigations of limited swirling flows microstructure. Mechanics and Advanced Technologies, (3(81), 40–46. https://doi.org/10.20535/2521-1943.2017.81.116579
Copyright (c) 2020 Mechanics and Advanced Technologies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The ownership of copyright remains with the Authors.
Authors may use their own material in other publications provided that the Journal is acknowledged as the original place of publication and National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” as the Publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under CC BY 4.0 that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work