Numerical model of the pneumatic diaphragm actuator
Keywords:diaphragm, actuator, numerical model, effective area, non-linear diaphragm rigidity.
AbstractThe paper deals with the development of the numerical model of a pneumatic diaphragm actuator to be used in numerical modeling and investigation of such systems as automobile suspension and braking systems, machine tool devices, pressure control valves, etc. The key point of the investigation was development of the diaphragm model and its key parameter - effective area. It has been found that the accurate enough diaphragm effective area can be determined as a function of readily available and easily measurable parameters such as the rigid center displacement, pressures in the chambers, diaphragm dimensions, and its material physical properties. The accuracy of the model was assessed by testing the diaphragm itself and in simulation of various technical systems with pneumatic diaphragm actuators.
- Lichtens, J. (1939), “Calcul de la surface utile des membranes des det deuers”, Compt. Rend. Deanc. Acad. Sci, 209, no. 4.
- Gerts, Е.V., Kreinin, G.V. (1960), Teoria i raschet silovih pnevmaticheskih ustroistv, izd-vo AN SSSR, Мoscow, Russia.
- Kondrashov, Y.I. (2011), Konstrukcii I proektirovanie agregatov i system, Samar. gos. aerokosm. un-t im, S. P. Koroleva (nac. issled. un-t), Elektron, Tekstovie i graf. dan. (39,8 MB), 1 el. opt. disk (CD-ROM), Samara, Russia.
- Gerts, Е.V., Kreinin, G.V. (1975), Raschet pnevmoprivodov, “Mashinostroenie”, Мoscow, Russian.
- Vodianik, V.I. (1974), Elastichnie membrane, “Mashinostroenie”, Мoscow, Russian.
- Bukharin, N.A. (1950), Tormoznie sistemi avtomobilei, Mashgiz, Мoscow, Russian.
- Fedorets, V.А., Pedchenko, М.N., Pichko, А.F. Peresad’ko, Y.V. and Lisenko, V.S. (1987), Gidroprivodi i gidropnevmoavtomatika stankov, in Fedortsa, V.А.(ed.), Vishcha shk, Кyiv, Ukraina.
- Fojtášek, K. and Kopáček, J. (2011), “Pneumatic motors with elastic working elements and their mathematica modeling”, Journal of the 21. International conference on hydraulic and pneumatic, 171.
- Schomburg, W.K. (2011), “Introduction to Microsistem Design”, RWTHedition, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, DOI 10.1007/978-3-642-19489-4_1
- Fojtášek, K., Dvořák, L., Kopáček J. (2012), Měření statických charakteristik pneumatických motorů s elastickými pracovními členy, Hydraulika a pneumatika, 1-2, p.9.
- Fojtášek, K. (2013), Modelování a experimentální ověření chování elastických pneumatických pracovních prvků, Disertační práce, Ostrava.
How to Cite
Kovalenko, A. (2017). Numerical model of the pneumatic diaphragm actuator. Mechanics and Advanced Technologies, (3(81), 109–116. https://doi.org/10.20535/2521-1943.2017.81.120008
Copyright (c) 2020 Mechanics and Advanced Technologies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The ownership of copyright remains with the Authors.
Authors may use their own material in other publications provided that the Journal is acknowledged as the original place of publication and National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” as the Publisher.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under CC BY 4.0 that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work