The structure of viscous liquid internal flows in tanks with damping baffles
Keywords:fuel tank, baffle, resonant sloshing, velocity and pressure field, force effect of flow on baffles
Modern moving objects containing large volumes of liquid need to ensure stability on the movement trajectory, reliability of control during maneuvers, as well as the ability to predict and prevent extreme movement conditions. The presented article provides review materials devoted to the research results into inertial flows of viscous incompressible fluid in tanks with internal damping baffles. In order to exert force on resonant excitations from the liquid side and to compensate for the instabilities of moving objects, the analysis and design of rational structures of influence means on currents is carried out.
Among the most effective means of damping should be noted rigid internal baffles of various designs installed in tanks in the most likely areas where instabilities and sources of excitation of resonant fluid movements may occur. Flat rigid partitions, profiled permeable damping surfaces, perforated and retaining elements, enslavers of liquid due to surface tension forces, etc., require comprehensive and detailed study and analysis.
- Linlin Duan et al, “Numerical study of the liquid sloshing in the cylindrical tank with baffles”, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser., 1985, 012050, 2021. DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/1985/1/012050
- M.Т. Korang, S. Rakheja and I.Stiharu, “Three-dimensional analysis of transient slosh within apartly-filled tank equipped with baffles”, Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 45, No. 6, 2007, pp. 525–548. DOI: 10.1080/00423110601059013
- O. Ugur, GBilici and H. Akyıldız, “Liquid sloshing in a two-dimensional rectangular tank: A numerical investigation with a T-shaped baffle”, Ocean Engineering, 187, 106183, 2019. DOI: 10.1016/j.oceaneng.2019.106183
- L. Ren et al., “Numerical Modeling of Coupled Surge-Heave Sloshing in a Rectangular Tank with Baffles”, Shock and Vibra-tion Hindawi 2021. DOI: 10.1155/ 2021/5545635
- M.A. Xue, J. Zheng and P. Lin, “Numerical Simulation of Sloshing Phenomena in Cubic Tank with Multiple Baffles”, Hindawi Publ. Corp. J. of Applied Math., 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/245702
- E. Askari, K. HoonJeong and M. Amabili, “Hydroelastic vibration of circular plates immersed in a liquid-filled container with free surface”, J. of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 332, pp. 3064–3085, 2013. DOI: 10.1016/j.jsv.2013.01.007
- S. Hasheminejad and M. Mohammadi, “Active sloshing control in a smart flexible cylindrical floating rooftank”, Journal of Flu-ids and Structures, 66, рр. 350–381, 2016. DOI: 10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2016.07.022
- C.G. Koh et al., “Modelling of liquid sloshing with constrained floating baffle”, Dept, National University of Singapore,117576.
- U. Arif et al., “Suppression of hydrodynamic sloshing in liquefied natural gas tank with floating baffle: Experimental and numer-ical studies”, in IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 463(1), 2020. DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/463/1/012111
- E. Zhang, W. Zhu and L. Wang, “Influencing analysis of different baffle factors on oil liquid sloshing in automobile fuel tank”, J Automobile Engineering, Vol. 234, Issue 13, pp.1–14, 2020. DOI: 10.1177/0954407020919584
- Z. Zhang et al., “Investigations on sloshing mitigation using elastic baffles by coupling smoothed finite element method and de-coupled finite particle method”, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 94, April 2020. DOI: 10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2020.102942
- U. Gopalakrishnan et al., “Investigation on the effect of baffle position on sloshing in tanks”, in AIP Conference Proceedings, 2134, 040005, 2019. DOI: 10.1063/1.5120213
- L. Gao et al., “Numerical and experimental investigation on thermal stratification characteristics affected by the baffle plate in thermal storage tank”, Journal of Energy Storage, Vol. 34, 2021. DOI: 10.1016/j.est.2020.102117
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Василь Анатолійович Ковальов, Вей Ченьюй
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under CC BY 4.0 that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work