Experience of designing and implementing integrated system of technological preparation of productionfor manufacturing new aircraft engines
Keywords:integrated production preparation system, aircraft engine parts, system of automated design of process documents, subsystem of automated preparation of programs for CNC machines, subsystem of automated design of production equipment.
Abstract. The technological preparation of production (TPV) is one of the key stages of the product life cycle (LPL) when designing and developing new aircraft engines. The TPV system foresees the use of the following instruments: CAD/CAM/CAE systems to ensure the implementation of the following operations: automated design, production and engineering calculations; Product Data Management systems (PDM) to ensure product data management; Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems for the corporate resource planning. Note that the instruments above are combined into PLM-systems to provide information support for the TPV system. The paper reviews the experience of designing and implementing the integrated TPV system at Motor Sich JSC for the purpose of manufacturing new aircraft engines. The author presents a structural diagram of the implemented integrated system containing a complex of interdependent subsystems along with a description of the system of automated design of process documents, which provides for the on-line design of production processes. The paper gives a description of subsystem of automated preparation of programs for CNC machine tools, which is designed to calculate the trajectory of the cutting tool when machining geometrically complex parts of aircraft engines. The paper specifies the subsystem of automated design of technological equipment, which is in compliance with requirements for modern tool production. The author underlines that the system of automated design of production equipment saw the following design subsystems reaching the highest level of development: subsystems for designing cutting and gear machining tools; subsystems for designing machine tools; subsystems for designing the monitoring and metering instrument; subsystems for designing foundry and stamping equipment; subsystems for designing control of gear cutting tools as per electronic standards. It is noted that the automated subsystems of analyzing production processes allow for performing the following analyses: analyzing metal casting processes; analyzing stamping processes; analyzing cutting processes; analyzing gear-cutting processes. The author provides the following results of implementing the integrated system of technological preparation of production at Motor Sich JSC: i) The TPV period was increased by 1.2–1.5 times, and ii) The efficiency of design and construction works was raised by 3–3.5 times.
- A. Peredriy, “Integration of the scientific and technical preparation of production in the global information space”, Bulletin of the National technical “KhPI” University: coll. of science Ave. Economic Sciences, No. 28 (1200), pp. 18–21, 2016.
- O. Babicheva and S. Yesaulov, Automated design of electromechanical devices, components of digital control systems and di-agnostic complexes, Kharkiv: O.M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy in Kharkiv, 2018.
- M. Razinkova, “Comprehensive approach to the scientific and technical training engineering companies”, Eastern Europe: Econ-omy, Business and Management, No. 3, pp. 179–182, 2017.
- V.V. Medvedev, Automated systems of production organization and management: a course of lectures [Electronic resource]: study. Visual Aid for students, Specialty 131 “Applied Mechanics”, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, 2021.
- A.G. Bratukhin Ed., Information technologies in science-intensive mechanical engineering. Computer support of industrial business, Kyiv: Technika, 2001.
- I.I. Yurchyshyn, Y.M. Lytvynyak and O.P. Khavrak, “Increasing the efficiency of machine-building production by comprehen-sive implementation of modular technological equipment design systems”, Bulletin of the Lviv Polytechnic National University, Optimization of production processes and technical control in mechanical engineering and instrument engineering, No. 772,
- pp. 172–176, 2013.
- Programs for measuring G-AGE and G-RAM bevel wheels. Coordinate measuring machines operating in CNC mode. Maternal support. Opton Feintechnic GmbH.D-7082 Oberkochen.
- T. Krenzen, Computer aided corrective machine setting for manufacturing bevel and hypoid gear sets, AGMA, 1984, 30 p.
- Gleason Works, Understanding tooth contact analysis. Rochester, NY 14692, Publication No SD3139, 1981.
- How digital Twin technology can enhance-aviation. Available: https://www.rolls-royce.com/media/our-stories/discover/2019/how-digital-twin-technology-can-enhance-aviation.aspx
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Костянтин Балушок
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under CC BY 4.0 that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work